|Area||West Midlands, England|
|Salary||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + package|
A leading Construction contractor are recruiting for a dynamic and diligent Quantity Surveyor to run MOJ contracts.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: West and East Midlands
This is a permanent, full time role.
Summary of Role:
Reporting to a Senior Quantity Surveyor or (Senior) Commercial Manager the key focus is
- Carrying out the commercial role on the project in line with company processes and procedures to ensure the contractual and commercial position for the company is protected and financial performance is enhanced.
- Develop and support junior team on projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Production of accurate and timely financial forecasts for use in setting targets
- Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets
- Develop comprehensive understanding of financial models including cash flow turnover forecasts and project profit / loss statements
- Manage and report on the clients budget as required within the contract and constantly strive to improve the value of the service we provide.
- Develop and in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts.
- Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of all accounts.
- Ensure the prompt identification of risks in projects and implement risk management techniques, risk registers and actions plans to mitigate the risks
- Procure services and materials in an efficient manner with organisations in accordance with company procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept
- Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
- Be an advocate for Lean management and encourage the operational and commercial teams to look for ways to improve our services and constantly improve.
- Identify, manage and continually demonstrate the value of our service to our clients through effective use of Management Information.
- Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment
- Develop high level of understanding of planning, programming and works order tracking to ensure accurate progress reporting
CSCS: CSCS Card Required
Qualifications: Degree or equivalent qualifications required
Professional Membership: RICS desirable
Relevant Experience: MOJ / Projects / Framework experience desired
Salary and Package: 40k plus package including car or car allowance
Ideally you will have experience running projects as a QS or an Assistant QS who is looking to make the next step in their career.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a major contractor working on key contracts and if you are interested in furthering your career apply for this role.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Stephen Jordan, call today on 0121 685 8722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.