MEP Project Engineer (Client Side) Berlin
|Location||City of London|
|Area||City of London, England|
|Salary||£60000 - £70000 per annum|
MEP Project Engineer (Client Side) Berlin
€60k - €70k (dependent on experience) + Benefits
Are you hands on Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with a consultancy background who wants to work client side......in Berlin?
I'm currently seeking Mechanical or Electrical Project Engineers to work directly with the internal real estate teams including the internal design team, building personnel, and contractors to deliver new sites for our client's diverse property portfolio.
This is a very hands-on role that is tasked with assessing properties for potential success as a location for their product, and overseeing consultants/contractors in the delivery of selected sites. The role will involve identifying deficiencies and advantages in base building services and existing conditions, and aid in developing associating costs with bringing systems and conditions up to our client's standard.
You will then work closely with design teams and external consultants/contractors to manage project design development and expectations. An experience in commercial fit out CAT A would be advantageous.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has excellent technical and communication skills, has worked with many unique buildings, and can identify issues that the built environment will present when performing a tenant improvement project.
● Report directly to the design director and global head of engineering jointly
● Collate existing building documentation and visit site to effectively advise on potential projects during initial due diligence phases
● Advise real estate and construction professionals regarding potential project concerns, and work with legal teams to develop rigorous lease terms to support o our clients MEP requirements
● Interface directly with architectural and engineering consultants to identify key project concerns and cost issues
● Collaborate with development teams to ensure that leased spaces are delivered to expected conditions per agreement with landlords
● Incorporate understanding of local and national building codes into project information
● Work with internal architects, designers and BIM specialists to develop schematic level handover packages to consultant design teams or design/build contractors
● Oversee design development from external consultants, reviewing submission packages against MEP standards.
● Manage and solve technical issues that come up across construction trades, while effectively tracking issues as they are captured among internal teams and external consultants.
● Conduct value engineering sessions with contractors to ensure project budget and quality goals are met
● Coordinate and collaborate with team across disciplines to ensure delivery of projects
● Visit site to ensure quality of installation and to facilitate rapid problem solving of field issues
● Oversee handover of site from development to operations department, managing punch/snag list and MEP handover packages, and troubleshoot commissioning issues
● Develop and lead engineering discipline initiatives, including internal design, modelling, and overall product development and improvement
● Identify holistic development issues and opportunities for improvement from an engineering perspective
● independently research potential paths to improving product via such means as efficiency studies, technological improvements, etc.
● Support junior engineering team, reviewing their deliverable and acting as technical support for larger project issues
● Bachelor's degree or higher in an MEP engineering discipline
● Experience in having direct responsibility for producing mechanical, electrical, plumbing or life safety construction documents (6 years minimum)
● Experience managing teams and taking the lead on interfacing with multiple stakeholders (4 years minimum)
● Broad knowledge of mechanical / electrical / life safety engineering infrastructure and coordination strategy with focus on mechanical design
● Have substantial experience with commercial construction projects
● Willingness to fully analyse and interpret commercial leases with specific regard to building services and cost ramifications
● Ability to understand building MEP/architectural plans to assess how existing conditions affect layout and cost exposure
● Make decisions and solve problems on the fly, often weighing up risks and incomplete information to allow a rapid judgement to be made to keep project moving
● Understanding of construction contracts and architectural agreements, specifications etc.
● Revit / Modelling experience preferred
● Experience of HVAC load modelling will be a benefit
● Fluency in a European language will be highly beneficial (ideally German or French)
Call or email me anytime to discuss this role in confidence, we can talk in detail and arrange to meet before any interviews take place.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Jamie Wynne, call today on 0207 422 7463 or email email@example.com Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.